Monday, May 14, 2007

Today's the day!

We arrived in Guangzhou last night. We'll be staying in a district of town called Shamian Island, originally created as a western ghetto to keep the barbarians in one spot. Now it features colonial architecture and grand hotels. And, of course, barbarians. Believe it or not, there's a 7-11 across the street and I've heard there's a Pizza Hut and Walmart as well. We'll have to cross the bridge to experience the Chinese version of Guangzhou.

Ryan woke up yesterday morning and his first words were, "we get little sister tomorrow." Today he jumped on me and announced, "Zero days till we get little sister!" Our appointment is this afternoon at the civil affairs bureau. We'll go with the two other families and all pick up our girls. In the meantime, we'll explore Shamian Island and buy some thank-you gifts for the orphanage nannies.

So hard to believe that after two and a half years, we're finally here...

6 comments:

Dr. Joe said...

I know I'm a day early, but let me add another "congratulations." The picture of Ryan in/at Tiennamon Square was the cutest yet!

Best for tomorrow.

Love ... Dad

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhh - this is EXCITING! What a beautiful name - Lilia. I can't wait to see her smile, too. Keep keeping us posted. - Cousin Cathie

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love you sis and we are really happy for you and your Family.

Anonymous said...

What a monumental day for your family. I can't wait to see pictures and hear about how it went. I hope little Lilia handled it well. Some babies cry and cry. Some laugh. Some just stare and wonder: What's going on here? Either way, I'm happy for your family. --Shirley
mom to Ava YuXia

maryryan said...

omigod! i am sooo excited for you guys! she is adorable! i can't wait for you all to get back. i want to meet my beautiful niece! congratulations a million times over! much love to all of you!